Camden District Activity Centre provides activities on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday. Members are given the opportunity to enjoy companionship, games, craft work, bingo, carpet bowls, ten-pin bowling, gentle exercise program, walking, music, entertainment, guest speakers, outings, ‘Hands On’ hand massage and nail care and hairdressing.
A monthly calendar is provided giving members and carers details of the activities being provided.
Transport is provided by Camden District Activity Centre buses – this is a door to door service. Our vehicles are fitted with disability access (i.e. hoists) for those in wheelchairs or any person who is unable to manage the stairs.
Listed below are some of our activities-
- Outings – a variety of outings are provided within each month and may include visits to local and other places of interest.
- Ten-Pin Bowling is one of our usual monthly events – this is a fun day, great companionship and with the assistance from our wonderful volunteers makes the day an excellent social event.
- Carpet Bowls is another excellent day – you may like to be involved in bowling or happy to be a spectator.
- Gentle Exercise Program is another great way to stay active with our Professional Trainer attending the Centre- you can sit in the comfort of your own chair and join in.
- Entertainers are also very popular and at least twice a month professional entertainers attend the Centre providing great music and sing-alongs.
- Bingo is another popular day – normally every Friday this is a great day, wonderful social interaction and companionship.
Cost: Members pay a fee of $15.00 per Centre Based Day; this includes transport - our door to door pick up and return, freshly cooked morning tea, hot lunch and dessert.
Outings are priced on our monthly calendar and include transport, cost of meal and any activities.
For further information:
Please contact our Office on Ph: (02) 46 54 6066 – our answering machine is available for after hour calls.